domenica 14 febbraio 2016

breaking a bone in a forein country...

When I came to study abroad in Sorrento, Italy I never really expected to be on crutches 2 weeks into the program...
One Thursday night at the gym in town, Spa Ulysse I was doing some light sets of pull ups on a "power tower" which has the attachments to do calisthenic exercises such as pull ups, dips and leg raises with your back rest on a pad. See the picture below for reference
 http://g02.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1.ZGgFVXXXXatXpXXq6xXFXXX8/27683/HTB1.ZGgFVXXXXatXpXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg

EXPECT this station has to parallel pieces of metal on the ground supporting it, and as soon as I came off the pull up bar (without checking to see where my feet were landing) my right ankle rolled directly between the both of them, having my full 81.6466 KG body weight on my ankle joint. I heard a literal crunch and collapsed onto the stairs right next to me trying to not pass out (or cry! lol) because I thought I broke my ankle instantly.
And I was correct! After hopping about .7 miles from the gym back to my apartment with my other roommate Tayler, I had some local Italians call an ambulance for me because my ankle had swelled up to about the size of a tennis ball and we all knew something was not okay.
Turns out I have a hairline fracture on my ankle and the story is NOT even over yet...

To be continued

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento